Request a citation, proclamation, or letter of greeting
To recognize a specific achievement such as an anniversary, milestone birthday, Boy Scout Eagle Award, Girl Scout Gold Award, retirement, or a similar achievement.
To recognize a day, week or month in awareness of a cause, issue or occasion. The intention of a proclamation is to honor, celebrate, or create awareness of an event or significant issue.
Letter of greeting
To help organizations celebrate special events held in Maryland. These typically include business and professional conferences, cultural festivals, non-profit fundraising benefits, and other significant events.
- Letters are only for Maryland state agencies and organizations, or national and international organizations holding conferences, and other significant events in Maryland.
- Letters are not for personal events such as family reunions.
- All requests must be received at least 30 days before the date needed or the print date.
- Proclamations and letter requests are not annually renewed. New requests must be made each year.
- Requests must come from Maryland residents. This includes requests from national, international and out-of-state organizations.
- The Governor’s Office reserves the right to approve or decline any request and to edit any drafted material for final wording.
- The issuance of a proclamations or letter of greeting does not indicate or imply a policy endorsement from the Governor or the Governor’s Office.