Get A Boost: Governor Hogan Announces New Casino-Based Clinics Offering Booster Shots For Marylanders
ANNAPOLIS, MD—Governor Larry Hogan today announced that the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) will begin offering COVID-19 vaccinations at Maryland’s six casinos. The casino-based vaccination clinics further expands locations where Marylanders can get fully protected from COVID-19 and its variants. The expansion is part of the governor’s booster action plan, which includes the $2 million VaxCash 2.0 Promotion with the Maryland Lottery to further incentivize Marylanders to get a booster shot.
“Getting a booster shot is a safe bet on your health, and millions of Marylanders have already stepped up to get one,” said Governor Hogan. “These clinics are another way to get more vaccines to the community, and I want to thank our casinos across the state for being such great community partners.”
As early as tomorrow, MDH will offer COVID-19 booster shots at the state’s six casinos:
- Ocean Downs Casino in Berlin, starting Feb. 18 and open Saturdays and Sundays from 12 to 6 p.m.
- Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland in Hanover, starting Feb. 19 and open from 12 to 5 p.m.
- MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill, starting Feb. 24 and open Thursdays and Fridays from 12 to 6 p.m.
- Horseshoe Baltimore Casino in Baltimore, starting Feb. 24 and open Thursdays and Fridays from 12 to 6 p.m.
- Hollywood Casino Perryville in Perryville, starting Feb. 24 and open Thursdays and Fridays from 12 6 p.m.
- Rocky Gap Casino & Resort in Flintstone, starting Feb. 26 and open Thursdays and Fridays from 12 to 6 p.m.
There are more than 550 pharmacies, clinics, and other locations across the state that offer COVID-19 primary and booster shots. All casino vaccination clinics will offer walk ups and appointments. To find a vaccination clinic, visit covidvax.maryland.gov or call the state’s multilingual call center, available seven days a week, at 1-855-MD-GOVAX (1-855-634-6829). Vaccination clinic days and hours of operation are subject to change.
VaxCash 2.0. On Feb. 15, the Maryland Lottery awarded $500,000 to the initial VaxCash 2.0 winner, a Dundalk resident. Prizes of $50,000 will be awarded weekly for the following 10 weeks. On May 3, one Marylander will be awarded a grand prize of $1 million.
Maryland residents 18 and older who have received their primary COVID-19 vaccinations and their booster shot in Maryland at any time are eligible to win. No registration or entry is needed.