Maryland COVID-19 Metrics Continue to Decline as State Nears Vaccine Milestones
Positivity Rate Down 25%, Case Rate Down 19%, Hospitalizations Down 13%
Lowest Daily Positivity Rate Since July 29
Nearly 85% of Adults Vaccinated, Nearly 200,000 Booster Shots Administered
ANNAPOLIS, MD—Governor Larry Hogan today provided an update to Marylanders on the state’s COVID-19 health metrics, which continue to decline as the state nears more vaccine milestones.
“After withstanding the Delta variant surge better than just about any other state, our health metrics continue to be among the lowest in the country,” said Governor Hogan. “This is a critical period as we await federal approval of more booster shots as well as vaccines for kids, and we are ready to get more shots in arms across the state.”
Positivity Rate, Case Rate, Hospitalizations Decline Across The Board
- Maryland’s COVID-19 positivity rate (3.79%) has declined by 25.8% since August 22, and the state’s daily positivity rate of 2.95% is the lowest it has been since July 29.
- Maryland’s COVID-19 case rate per 100K (16.8) has declined by 19.1% since Sept. 15.
- Maryland’s COVID-19 hospitalizations (729) have declined by 13.7% since Sept. 9, and are down 62.6% from their peak.
- The state is reporting a total of seven pediatric COVID-19 hospitalizations, which represents 0.9% of total COVID-19 hospitalizations statewide. The case rate per 100K has decreased by 25% among the 15 to 24 age group, and by 16% among Marylanders up to age 14. School outbreaks in Maryland have decreased by 5% over the last week.
Official data is available at coronavirus.maryland.gov.
State Nears More Vaccine Milestones
To date, Maryland has reported 8,163,980 vaccinations.
- 84.9% of Marylanders 18 and older have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- 97.3% of Marylanders 65 and older have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Maryland has administered 197,520 booster shots, and state health officials continue to conduct outreach to eligible individuals.
- To date, 88.2% of Maryland nursing home staff have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. Official data is available at aging.maryland.gov.
To find a vaccine provider, visit covidvax.maryland.gov or call 1-855-MD-GOVAX.