Enhancing health plan coverage
The Department of Budget & Management’s Employee Benefits Division has the resources to help you achieve your health and fitness goals. Through partnerships with our health plans, we provide:
- Discounts for gym membership, yoga classes, personal trainers, weight loss and more.
- Health assessments, body‐mass calculators, and diet assessments.
- Nutritional counseling, in‐person events, classes and support groups.
- Interactive online tracking of your health and fitness goals.
Workplace Wellness Initiatives: Phase I
|Ban of sale of tobacco products on state property||Apr 12|
|Chop Chop Maryland and Quitline promotion||July 12|
|Promote physical activity in the workplace||Aug 12|
|Special promotion of preventative services||Sept 12|
|Special promotion of wellness resources||Oct 12|
|Supportive environment for breast feeding||Nov 12|
|Promotion of Quitline and advice on healthy eating||Dec 12|
|Healthy Meeting Policy||Jan 13|
Healthy eating and active living
Communicate health and wellness information through newsletters, employee intranet, staff meetings, health fairs, onsite visits from benefit providers.
Promote smoking cessation
Work with an expert to establish a quit plan based on your experiences with quitting. What has worked? What has not? Quit plans include medications that might work for you like nicotine replacement therapy, as well as a Quit Date.
- New government nutrition standards for school meals go into effect this year, raising the bar for the first time in more than 15 years. Schools must meet the standards to get federal meal reimbursements
- USDA announced $4 in funding for technology help States expand availability of wireless technology in farmers' markets to accept Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). The $4 million in funding provides SNAP participants greater access to fresh and healthy food, while supporting American farmers and local economies.