Delivering Business Fairness and Responsiveness
The Governor’s Business Ombudsman can help save your business time and money in resolving communication issues involving any State agency.
We work directly with State agencies and business assistance programs to bring practical and timely resolutions to problems your business encounters interacting with State agencies.
Delivering Measurable Impacts for Small Business
The Office of the Business Ombudsman helps business owners by delivering practical solutions like:
- Payment of overdue invoices for work done by government contractors;
- Evaluating penalties and fines;
- Resolution of the application of rules and clarification of regulatory requirements; and
- Review of permit processing issues.
To deliver broad, systemic solutions, the Governor’s Business Ombudsman also analyzes business concerns to detect trends and recurring issues that create barriers to business growth. Then, we work with State agencies to address and develop smart, lasting solutions to these problems.
Filing a Comment or Complaint with the Governor’s Ombudsman
What to Include:
- Describe the enforcement, inspection, or compliance action taken by the State agency and the results.
- Briefly state the specific action or outcome you are seeking.
- Provide documentation on the action taken if available, such as correspondence, citations, or notices.
2) Submit your form:
Mail: Governor’s Office of Business Ombudsman
100 Community Place,
Crownsville, MD 21032