Earth Day is April 22. Did you know that the Maryland Sustainability Network is a resource to help people, businesses and organizations coordinate and brainstorm green projects? You can learn more here.
How do you conserve resources to preserve our earth?
- Turn off lights when you leave a room. (91%, 10 Votes)
- Turn down the thermostat or use an energy efficient setting. (91%, 10 Votes)
- Recycle food containers and packaging at home. (82%, 9 Votes)
- Donate used items, instead of throwing them away. (82%, 9 Votes)
- Use CFLs or other low energy lighting. (82%, 9 Votes)
- Recycle papers at work. (73%, 8 Votes)
- Compost table scraps and yard waste. (55%, 6 Votes)
- Use a rain barrel to water plants. (45%, 5 Votes)
- Use cold water setting on washing machine. (45%, 5 Votes)
- Add insulation to attics, floors and walls to keep drafts out. (36%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 11